- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Architectural Walking Tour
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 from 12pm to 1pm Sunday, October 14, 2012 from 2pm to 3pm
- Learn more about the iconic WAG building and Winnipeg’s modernist heritage by taking one of our architectural tours. WAG architectural tours are offered in partnership with the Winnipeg Architectural Foundation.
- Gallery Ball Auction
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 to Thursday, October 18, 2012
- Online auction showcasing some of Winnipeg's great artists and experiences, in support of WAG Youth Programs.
- Guy Maddin Film Screening
Saturday September 29, 2012 at 10pm Saturday September 29, 2012 at 11pm Sunday September 30, 2012 at 12am Sunday September 30, 2012 at 1am Sunday September 30, 2012 at 1pm Sunday September 30, 2012 at 2pm Sunday September 30, 2012 at 3pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 1pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 2pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 3pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 4pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 5pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 6pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 7pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 8pm
- Come and watch noted Winnipeg filmmaker Guy Maddin shoot scenes for his latest film in the galleries.
- An Evening with Paul Butler
Monday, October 1, 2012 from 7pm to 8:30pm
- Join in the conversation with Winnipeg Now artist Paul Butler.
- Modern Masters Series: Andy Warhol
Wednesday October 3, 2012 at 12pm
- A video of the work of Andy Warhol, presented by art critic Alastair Stooke.
- Kae Sasaki: In Praise of Shadows
Friday, October 5, 2012 to Wednesday, October 17, 2012
- Presented by Gallery Shop
- Winnipeg Now Drop-In Weekend Tours
Saturday October 6, 2012 at 2pm Sunday October 21, 2012 at 2pm Sunday October 28, 2012 at 2pm Saturday November 10, 2012 at 2pm Sunday November 18, 2012 at 2pm Sunday December 2, 2012 at 2pm Sunday December 9, 2012 at 2pm Saturday December 15, 2012 at 2pm
- Learn more about the art and artists in this exciting exhibition.
- Herb and Dorothey - Video
Wednesday October 10, 2012 at 12pm
- This award-winning documentary film (2008) is based on the incredible true story of a postal worker and a librarian who built a world-class art collection
- Bedtime Stories for the Edge of the World
Friday October 12, 2012 at 8:30pm Friday November 2, 2012 at 8:30pm Friday November 16, 2012 at 8:30pm Friday December 7, 2012 at 8:30pm
- Join performance artists Shawna Dempsey and Lorri Millan in their "parlour" in the exhibition Winnipeg Now as they read their own reconstructions of "bedtime" stories for adults.
- Walking Tour: The WAG Building in Context
Sunday, October 14, 2012 from 2pm to 3pm
- Learn more about the iconic WAG building and Winnipeg’s modernist heritage by taking one of our architectural tours.
- Curator Tour of Winnipeg Now
Wednesday October 17, 2012 at 12pm
- Discover why Winnipeg is considered the hottest art-producing city in Canada.
- Centennial Ball
Saturday October 20, 2012
- As the WAG's premier gala event, the Centennial Ball celebrates ART like no other.
- Enchanting Thailand & Myanmar (Burma)
Monday, October 22, 2012 to Tuesday, October 23, 2012
- Two blissful weeks in Bangkok, Chang Mai and Myanmar (Burma)
- Modern Masters Series: Henri Matisse
Wednesday October 24, 2012 at 12pm
- A video of the work of Henri Matisse, presented by art critic Alaistair Stooke.
- Arts Eats
Thursday, October 25, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm Thursday, November 29, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm
- Dinner at Storm Bistro and a guided tour of Winnipeg Now.
- Johanna Brierley Jewellery Design Trunk Show
Friday, October 26, 2012 from 11am to 9pm Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 11am to 5pm Sunday, October 28, 2012 from 11am to 5pm
- The Gallery Shop presents the Johanna Brierley Jewellery Design Trunk Show.
- Women's Musical Club - Jane Coop
Sunday October 28, 2012 at 2pm
- Artist Talk with Guy Maddin
Wednesday October 31, 2012 at 12pm
- Noted Winnipeg filmmaker Guy Maddin will discuss his latest project.
- Winnipeg Now
Saturday, September 29, 2012 to Sunday, December 30, 2012
- Our first big centenary exhibition shows you some of Winnipeg's hottest artists.
- The WAG Century
Saturday, August 25, 2012 to Sunday, August 11, 2013
- The story of the WAG's first 100 years through archival materials, videos, photographs, architectural blueprints, and works of art.
- The Stafford Collection of Inuit Sculpture
Saturday, August 25, 2012 to Sunday, November 18, 2012
- This recent donation of Inuit sculpture spans the 1980s to the 2000s.
- Snapshot: Selections from the WAG's Photography Collection
Saturday, June 23, 2012 to Saturday, February 9, 2013
- A tantalizing taste of the WAG's photography collection.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
- Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Thursday, December 31, 2015
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.
- Modernist Traditions: 1900-1950
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, December 31, 2015
- The invention of photography had a lasting impact on how artists in the latter-half of the 19th century came to view the world as shown by these works from the WAG's collection.
- The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Saturday, January 30, 2016
- From Rome to Utrecht, European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. In reaction to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church strove to entice believers back to the fold with gripping and beautiful vignettes of biblical drama
- European Renaissance and Baroque Art: 1500-1700
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Saturday, January 30, 2016
- From the WAG's collection, art produced between the 16th and 18th centuries, originating from the leading artistic centres of Europe.This period is marked by important social and political changes, and art itself underwent a major transformation
- Tuesday 11am-5pm
- Wednesday 11am-5pm
- Thursday 11am-5pm
- Friday 11am-9pm
- Saturday 11am-5pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
- Closed Monday
Open on the following holidays:
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- August Civic Holiday
- Remembrance Day (open 1-5pm)
- Christmas Eve
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
- Louis Riel Day
Closed on the following holidays:
- Easter Monday
- Labour Day
- Christmas Day