- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Interactive Family Tours
Sunday January 5, 2014 at 1pm Sunday February 9, 2014 at 1pm Sunday March 2, 2014 at 1pm Tuesday April 1, 2014 at 1pm Thursday April 3, 2014 at 1pm Sunday April 6, 2014 at 1pm Sunday May 4, 2014 at 1pm
- Spend some quality time with your family at the WAG as you explore the exciting world of art, together. Fun, interactive, and educational.
- A Potter's Co-Operative
Friday, February 7, 2014 to Sunday, March 9, 2014
- The Gallery Shop presents A Potter's Co-Operative, celebrating 35 years of the Stoneware Gallery. To celebrate, come see the works of 17 contemporary ceramic artists on display at the Gallery Shop.
- Off the Beaten Path: Drop in Tours
Sunday February 23, 2014 Sunday March 9, 2014 Sunday March 16, 2014 Sunday March 23, 2014 Sunday March 30, 2014 Sunday April 6, 2014 Sunday April 13, 2014
- Explore the exhibition, Off the Beaten Path: Violence, Women, and Art with one of our Gallery tour guides during a drop-in tour.
- Here: a new work by Rebecca Belmore
Saturday, March 1, 2014 from 2pm to 4pm
- Rebecca Belmore Artist Talk
Sunday, March 2, 2014 from 2pm to 3pm
- International Women's Day
Saturday March 8, 2014
- Tour: Off the Beaten Path with Chief Curator, Helen Delacretaz
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 from 12pm to 1pm
- Self Defense for Women
Monday, March 17, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm
- This class will introduce a number of basic techniques conducted by Sensei Viet Doan, Head Instructor of Minh Duc Jiu Jitsu Self-Defense.
- Spur Winnipeg
Thursday, March 20, 2014 to Sunday, March 23, 2014
- Spur kicks off its 5-city national festival in Winnipeg, cutting through the chatter on topics ranging from foreign reporting to city-building. Spur Winnipeg takes place March 20-23rd, with a wide range of debates, conversations, books and brunch, walking tours, literary cabaret, parties and more!
- Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity Encore
Tuesday March 25, 2014 at 7pm Wednesday March 26, 2014 at 7pm Thursday March 27, 2014 at 7pm Saturday March 29, 2014 at 1pm Saturday March 29, 2014 at 3:30pm Saturday March 29, 2014 at 7pm
- From all over the world they come. Thousands enter but few are chosen. We’re talking about the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, the best commercials from across the globe.
- Video: Private Life of a Masterpiece: Pablo Picasso's Les Demoiselles d’Avignon
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 from 12pm to 1pm
- This award winning video series reveals the full and fascinating stories behind famous works of art, not just how they came to be created, but also how they influenced others and came to have a life of their own in the modern world. (50 min)
- Spring Break Art Camp: Camp Kaleidoscope
Monday, March 31, 2014 to Friday, April 4, 2014
- Kids, explore an exciting array of optical illusions and distorted images in the Gallery! Have fun with brain games, magic, mirror images, patterns, abstractions and so much more. Work with a WAG artist in the Studio to build and create a kaleidoscopic collection of amazing works of art!
- Off the Beaten Path: Violence, Women and Art
Saturday, February 1, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014
- This exhibition draws much needed attention to the violence experienced by women world-wide.
- Organized by the National Gallery of Canada: Ragnar Kjartansson: The End–Rocky Mountains
Saturday, January 18, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014
- Looking Up: Contemporary Connections with Inuit Art
Saturday, December 21, 2013 to Sunday, March 16, 2014
- Several local artists create works in response to works from the WAG Inuit art collection.
- From the Land: Materials & Message in Inuit Art
Saturday, December 14, 2013 to Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- In the early 1950s, works by Inuit artists began to be sold in southern markets. Since that era, widely recognized as the beginning of contemporary Inuit art, artists from three successive generations have been creating unique artworks. They have been experimenting with a variety of artistic media and techniques resulting in distinctive personal styles. This exhibition features a selection of sculptures and wall hangings from the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s comprehensive collection of Inuit art.
- Math + Art
Saturday, December 7, 2013 to Sunday, May 4, 2014
- What do math and art have in common? More than you would think.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
- Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.
- Modernist Traditions: 1900-1950
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- The invention of photography had a lasting impact on how artists in the latter-half of the 19th century came to view the world as shown by these works from the WAG's collection.
- The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, June 30, 2016
- From Rome to Utrecht, European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. In reaction to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church strove to entice believers back to the fold with gripping and beautiful vignettes of biblical drama
- European Renaissance and Baroque Art: 1500-1700
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, June 30, 2016
- From the WAG's collection, art produced between the 16th and 18th centuries, originating from the leading artistic centres of Europe.This period is marked by important social and political changes, and art itself underwent a major transformation