- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Weekend Drop-In Tours
Sunday March 4, 2012 at 2pm Saturday March 10, 2012 at 2pm Sunday, March 11, 2012 from 3pm to 4pm Saturday March 17, 2012 at 2pm Sunday March 18, 2012 at 2pm Saturday March 24, 2012 at 2pm Sunday March 25, 2012 at 2pm Saturday March 31, 2012 at 2pm Sunday April 1, 2012 at 2pm Saturday April 7, 2012 at 2pm Saturday April 14, 2012 at 2pm Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 3pm to 4pm Saturday April 21, 2012 at 2pm Sunday April 22, 2012 at 2pm Saturday April 28, 2012 at 2pm Sunday April 29, 2012 at 2pm Saturday May 5, 2012 at 2pm Sunday May 6, 2012 at 2pm Saturday May 12, 2012 at 2pm Sunday May 13, 2012 at 2pm
- Weekend Rockwell Tours
- Interactive Rockwell Family Tours
Saturday, March 10, 2012 from 11am to 11:45am Saturday, March 24, 2012 from 11am to 11:45am Saturday, April 7, 2012 from 11am to 11:45am Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 11am to 11:45am
- Interactive Rockwell Family Tours are being offered
- Tour - Migrating Landscapes
Sunday April 1, 2012 at 3pm Sunday April 22, 2012 at 3pm
- Drop-in for a tour of Migrating Landscapes with Johanna Hurme from 5468796 Architecture
- Art for Lunch - The Influence of Islamic Motifs on 19th century Ceramics
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 from 12:15pm to 1pm
- illustrated talk with Helen Delacretaz, Chief Curator
- Illustrating Human Rights: Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms
Thursday April 5, 2012 at 7pm
- Illustrating Human Rights: Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms with Clint Curle, Researcher at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Art for Lunch - A history of Inuit Art
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 from 12:15pm to 1pm
- Discover the rich history of Inuit Art!
- Art Eats
Friday, April 13, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm Wednesday, April 25, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm Friday, May 11, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm
- Forget dinner and movie! Immerse yourself in the pleasures of the table and the Gallery. Enjoy a tantalizing 3-course meal expertly prepared by Storm Bistro's new executive chef, paired with a WAG exhibit.
- What's Art got to do with it?
Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 2pm to 3pm
- What's art got to do with it? Advertising, consumer culture and the art of Norman Rockwell with Sarah Elvins, Associate Professor of History at the University of Manitoba
- Art City: A Documentary
Sunday April 15, 2012 at 2pm
- This film celebrates the creation of Art City, Winnipeg's community art studio.
- Comics: The Ninth Art
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 from 12:15pm to 1pm
- A panel of students from the University of Winnipeg consider the relationship between fine art, comics and graphic novels.
Wednesday April 18, 2012 at 7pm
- Architecture + Design Film Festival
- U of M Thesis Show
Thursday, April 19, 2012 to Thursday, May 10, 2012
- Gallery Shop presents a University of Manitoba Painting & Ceramics Thesis Show
- Sum of its pArts
Thursday April 19, 2012 at 7pm
- A film about Nancy Edell and her legacy by Kirby Hammond
- Write to Art: Creative Writing Workshop
Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 1pm to 4pm Saturday, April 28, 2012 from 1pm to 4pm Saturday, May 5, 2012 from 1pm to 4pm
- Write to Art: Creative Writing Workshop - new extended format!
- Artist Talk with Peter Rockwell
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 from 12:15pm to 1pm
- Join Peter Rockwell for a discussion on his artistic practice as a sculptor and carver
- Dinner and Tour with Peter Rockwell
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm
- Enjoy dinner at Storm Bistro followed by an intimate tour of American Chronicles with Peter Rockwell.
- Art4All Auction
Thursday April 26, 2012 at 7pm
- A silent and live auction of artwork by established and emerging artists.
- Peter Rockwell Talk
Friday, April 27, 2012 from 7pm to 9pm
- An Intimate Perspective on Norman Rockwell
- Through the Eyes of a Child
Saturday, March 24, 2012 to Sunday, April 29, 2012
- Our annual exhibiton of children's artwork, pulled from the creations of over 800 children and teens taking art classes at the WAG.
- Migrating Landscapes
Thursday, March 15, 2012 to Sunday, April 29, 2012
- 5468796 Architecture and Jae-Sung Chon’s Migrating Landscapes features innovative new dwelling designs, some of which will represent Canada at the 2012 Venice Biennale in Architecture.
- American Chronicles: The Art of Norman Rockwell
Friday, March 2, 2012 to Sunday, May 27, 2012
- For the first time ever, an exhibiton of the work of Norman Rockwell is coming to Canada--and it's right here at the WAG!
- New Art from Cape Dorset
Saturday, October 8, 2011 to Sunday, April 8, 2012
- Drawings and sculpture by secona- and third-generation Cape Dorset artists.
- Contemporary Interventions in the Collection on View
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 to Friday, August 31, 2012
- Contemporary works mingle with the historical works. allowing viewers to discover, interpret, and learn through new associations.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
- Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Thursday, December 31, 2015
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.
- Modernist Traditions: 1900-1950
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, December 31, 2015
- The invention of photography had a lasting impact on how artists in the latter-half of the 19th century came to view the world as shown by these works from the WAG's collection.
- The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Saturday, January 30, 2016
- From Rome to Utrecht, European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. In reaction to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church strove to entice believers back to the fold with gripping and beautiful vignettes of biblical drama
- European Renaissance and Baroque Art: 1500-1700
- Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Saturday, January 30, 2016
- From the WAG's collection, art produced between the 16th and 18th centuries, originating from the leading artistic centres of Europe.This period is marked by important social and political changes, and art itself underwent a major transformation
- Tuesday 11am-5pm
- Wednesday 11am-5pm
- Thursday 11am-5pm
- Friday 11am-9pm
- Saturday 11am-5pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
- Closed Monday
Open on the following holidays:
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- August Civic Holiday
- Remembrance Day (open 1-5pm)
- Christmas Eve
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
- Louis Riel Day
Closed on the following holidays:
- Easter Monday
- Labour Day
- Christmas Day