- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Interactive Family Tours
Sunday February 3, 2013 at 1pm Sunday March 3, 2013 at 1pm Sunday April 7, 2013 at 1pm
- A great way to spend family time together!
- Creation and Transformation Drop-In Exhibition Tours
Sunday February 3, 2013 at 2pm Sunday February 10, 2013 at 2pm Sunday February 17, 2013 at 2pm Sunday February 24, 2013 at 2pm Sunday March 3, 2013 at 2pm Sunday March 10, 2013 at 2pm Sunday March 17, 2013 at 2pm Sunday March 24, 2013 at 2pm Sunday March 31, 2013 at 2pm Sunday April 7, 2013 at 2pm Sunday April 14, 2013 at 2pm
- Sunday drop-in tours of the largest exhibition of Inuit art ever mounted by the WAG.
- Art Eats
Friday, February 8, 2013 from 6pm to 9pm Friday, March 1, 2013 from 6pm to 9pm
- Dinner at Storm Bistro followed by a tour of Creation and Transformation: Defining Moments in Inuit Art.
- Art Eats - Special Edition
Friday, February 22, 2013 from 6pm to 9pm Friday, March 22, 2013 from 6pm to 9pm
- A special Art Eats offers dinner at Storm Bistro followed by an in-depth tour of the exhibition led by Darlene Coward Wight, Curator of Inuit Art.
- All in the Family Drop-in Exhibition Tour
Sunday March 3, 2013 at 1pm
- Talk: The Art of Sound
Wednesday March 6, 2013 at 12pm
- Award-winning composer Dr. Gordon Fitzell, explores the historical evolution of sound art.
- Tween to Twenty: DIY Night
Friday, March 8, 2013 from 6pm to 8:30pm
- Curator's Tour: Robert Archambeau
Wednesday March 13, 2013 at 12pm
- A tour of the exhibition of award-winning ceramic artist Robert Archambeau.
- Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
Thursday March 14, 2013 at 7pm Friday March 15, 2013 at 7pm Friday March 15, 2013 at 9:30pm Saturday March 16, 2013 at 7pm Saturday March 16, 2013 at 9:30pm Thursday March 21, 2013 at 7pm Thursday March 21, 2013 at 9:30pm Friday March 22, 2013 at 7pm Friday March 22, 2013 at 9:30pm Tuesday March 26, 2013 at 2pm Tuesday March 26, 2013 at 7pm Tuesday March 26, 2013 at 9:30pm Wednesday March 27, 2013 at 2pm Wednesday March 27, 2013 at 7pm Wednesday March 27, 2013 at 9:30pm Thursday March 28, 2013 at 2pm Thursday March 28, 2013 at 7pm Thursday March 28, 2013 at 9:30pm
- If you missed the premier in December, here's your second chance to see the world's best commercials.
- Arctic Adventure
Sunday, March 17, 2013 from 1:30pm to 4pm
- Inspired by the exhibition Creation and Transformation: Defining Moments in Inuit Art, this exciting afternoon will feature fun activities and performances by Inuit artists. Explore the history of Inuit art by engaging in an interactive family exhibition tour. Watch and learn the art of throat singing, build your own Inuksuk and Inuit work of art, and much more!
- Video: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
Wednesday March 20, 2013 at 12pm
- A documentary on Ai Weiwei, China's most famous international artist.
- Thaw -- An exhibition in celebration of spring
Friday, March 22, 2013 to Sunday, April 21, 2013
- The Gallery Shop presents an exhibition and sale of the work of artists from the Interlake Wave Studio Tour.
- Spring Break Art Camp for Kids
Monday, March 25, 2013 to Thursday, March 28, 2013
- What a great way for your child to spend spring break--learning all about Inuit art and the Group of Seven.
- Curator's Talk: The Heaps and Cleghorn Legacy
Wednesday March 27, 2013 at 12pm
- A discussion of the European and Canadian historical works donated to the WAG in the 1930s.
- Drawn and Fired: Recent Vessels by Robert Archambeau
Friday, February 15, 2013 to Sunday, April 28, 2013
- Award-winning ceramic artist Robert Archambeau here branches out into exquisite drawings.
- NGC@WAG: Janet Cardiff: Forty-Part Motet
Friday, February 1, 2013 to Sunday, April 14, 2013
- The WAG begins an exciting three-year partnership with the National Gallery of Canada, bringing masterpieces from the NGC's collection to Winnipeg.
- Creation & Transformation: Defining Moments in Inuit Art
Friday, January 25, 2013 to Sunday, April 14, 2013
- This exhibition provides a historical narrative of Inuit art, from 1949 to the present.
- All in the Family
Saturday, December 1, 2012 to Sunday, March 10, 2013
- Photographs from the WAG's collection reframe the family and the family album's nostalgic half-truths, reminding us of photography's own fallacies and fictions.
- The WAG Century
Saturday, August 25, 2012 to Sunday, August 11, 2013
- The story of the WAG's first 100 years through archival materials, videos, photographs, architectural blueprints, and works of art.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.
- Modernist Traditions: 1900-1950
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- The invention of photography had a lasting impact on how artists in the latter-half of the 19th century came to view the world as shown by these works from the WAG's collection.
- The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, June 30, 2016
- From Rome to Utrecht, European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. In reaction to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church strove to entice believers back to the fold with gripping and beautiful vignettes of biblical drama
- European Renaissance and Baroque Art: 1500-1700
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, June 30, 2016
- From the WAG's collection, art produced between the 16th and 18th centuries, originating from the leading artistic centres of Europe.This period is marked by important social and political changes, and art itself underwent a major transformation