- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Interactive Family Tours
Sunday January 5, 2014 at 1pm Sunday February 9, 2014 at 1pm Sunday March 2, 2014 at 1pm Tuesday April 1, 2014 at 1pm Thursday April 3, 2014 at 1pm Sunday April 6, 2014 at 1pm Sunday May 4, 2014 at 1pm
- Spend some quality time with your family at the WAG as you explore the exciting world of art, together. Fun, interactive, and educational.
- Looking North Family Sunday
Sunday, February 2, 2014 from 1:30pm to 4pm
- Celebrate the Canadian North at the WAG! Discover and explore the traditions and art practices of artists from Winnipeg to the Arctic.
- A Potter's Co-Operative
Friday, February 7, 2014 to Sunday, March 9, 2014
- The Gallery Shop presents A Potter's Co-Operative, celebrating 35 years of the Stoneware Gallery. To celebrate, come see the works of 17 contemporary ceramic artists on display at the Gallery Shop.
- Video: Craft in America: Threads
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 from 12pm to 1pm
- Video: Craft in America
- Flavours of Art - Love Is In the Air
Friday, February 14, 2014 from 6pm to 9pm
- February 14 • Love is in the air...Explore four centuries of love-themed art through the WAG's European and Canadian collections with Anna Wiebe, Head of Education.
- Looking Up Artist Round Table and Book Launch
Sunday, February 16, 2014 from 2pm to 3pm
- Join Paul Butler, Curator of Contemporary Art, along with artists Simon Hughes, Sylvia Matas and Krisjanis Kaktins-Gorsline for a Q&A conversation about their work and the launch of the Looking Up exhibition catalogue.
- Visite guidée familiale bilingue (français et anglais)
Monday February 17, 2014 at 1pm Saturday April 5, 2014 at 1pm Saturday May 3, 2014 at 1pm
- Passez un peu de temps de qualité avec votre famille au Musée et explorer le monde de l’art ensemble avec un guide bilingue. Amusant, interactif et éducatif.
- Conversation Cafe - Violence against women: Does culture matter?
Thursday, February 20, 2014 from 6pm to 9pm
- Winnipeg Art Gallery, Islamic Social Services Association, and the Institute for International Women's Rights - Manitoba invite you to an evening of sharing and conversation cafés about culture and violence against women.
- Art & Soul 2014
Saturday February 22, 2014
- ITS BACK! Art & Soul features DJ’s, live music and entertainment, gallery tours, themed attire and décor on each floor, and new surprises each year. For the past 25+ years Art & Soul has become a “must” on the social calendar.Get out of the cold on Saturday, Feb 22nd 2014 and join us for Winnipeg’s hottest party, hosted at the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
- Off the Beaten Path: Drop in Tours
Sunday February 23, 2014 Sunday March 9, 2014 Sunday March 16, 2014 Sunday March 23, 2014 Sunday March 30, 2014 Sunday April 6, 2014 Sunday April 13, 2014
- Explore the exhibition, Off the Beaten Path: Violence, Women, and Art with one of our Gallery tour guides during a drop-in tour.
- An Evening with Sonia: Eckhardt-Gramatté’s Complete Works for Violin and Piano Duo
Wednesday February 26, 2014 at 7:30pm
- Award-winning artists Megumi Masaki and Oleg Pokhanovski in an evening of the music of Sophie-Carmen Eckhardt-Gramatté.
- Tour: Ragnar Kjartnasson's The End-Rocky Mountains with Curator of Contemporary Art, Paul Butler
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 from 12pm to 1pm
- Join Paul Butler, Curator of Contemporary Art for a tour to learn more about this fascinating five projection video.
- Here: a new work by Rebecca Belmore
Saturday, March 1, 2014 from 2pm to 4pm
- Off the Beaten Path: Violence, Women and Art
Saturday, February 1, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014
- This exhibition draws much needed attention to the violence experienced by women world-wide.
- Organized by the National Gallery of Canada: Ragnar Kjartansson: The End–Rocky Mountains
Saturday, January 18, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014
- Looking Up: Contemporary Connections with Inuit Art
Saturday, December 21, 2013 to Sunday, March 16, 2014
- Several local artists create works in response to works from the WAG Inuit art collection.
- From the Land: Materials & Message in Inuit Art
Saturday, December 14, 2013 to Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- In the early 1950s, works by Inuit artists began to be sold in southern markets. Since that era, widely recognized as the beginning of contemporary Inuit art, artists from three successive generations have been creating unique artworks. They have been experimenting with a variety of artistic media and techniques resulting in distinctive personal styles. This exhibition features a selection of sculptures and wall hangings from the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s comprehensive collection of Inuit art.
- Math + Art
Saturday, December 7, 2013 to Sunday, May 4, 2014
- What do math and art have in common? More than you would think.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.
- Modernist Traditions: 1900-1950
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- The invention of photography had a lasting impact on how artists in the latter-half of the 19th century came to view the world as shown by these works from the WAG's collection.
- The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, June 30, 2016
- From Rome to Utrecht, European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. In reaction to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church strove to entice believers back to the fold with gripping and beautiful vignettes of biblical drama
- European Renaissance and Baroque Art: 1500-1700
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Thursday, June 30, 2016
- From the WAG's collection, art produced between the 16th and 18th centuries, originating from the leading artistic centres of Europe.This period is marked by important social and political changes, and art itself underwent a major transformation