Art & Soul
Art & Soul: Manitoba Overboard!
Saturday March 20, 2010 at 8pm
Ahoy mateys! Set your anchor and come aboard! The S.S. WAG is trimmed and ready to take on passengers.
The WAG is overboard for Manitoba’s Homecoming with costumes, live music, DJ’s, dancing, art viewing, art creating, and so much more! Invite your mateys from abroad to join us for Manitoba’s most creative Homecoming event.
Captain’s Prizes for Best-Dressed Swabbie
Come in costume! From the Golden Boy to Burton Cummings, Jeanne’s cakes to Old Dutch potato chips, be inspired by Manitoba icons and symbols, including its nautical history. Or just come as yourself--a great Manitoban!
• Prehistoric Lake Agassiz left behind more than 100,000 lakes for the enjoyment of hikers, canoeists, campers, and cottagers
• The West was opened by voyageurs and fur traders coming down our great rivers
• For thousands of years, the forks of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers has been a natural meeting place for trading and settlement
• Southern Manitoba is defined by the mighty Red River and its spring floods
• The port of Churchill is home to polar bears and beluga whales.
Port & Starboard
There's something for everyone below decks and above:
• Exhibition tours 8 to 11pm
• Get reved up by DJs Co-op, Dio, and Grant Paley
• Dance the night away with The Steamers and Almost Famous
• Pirate Radio live broadcast by Curve's own Andrew "Science" Long
• Hors d'oeuvres, cash bar, and prizes
Tickets $70 (portion tax receipt) • Available in advance at the WAG information desk and Ticketmaster (fees apply).
For more information, contact 786.6641 ext 216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Available at the WAG or through all Ticketmaster outlets. Extra fees apply to Ticketmaster phone and on-line orders.
- Art & Soul 2014
- Art & Soul: One Hundred 2013
- Birchwood BMW Art & Soul: Après Ski - SOLD OUT! 2012
- Art & Soul 2011
- Art & Soul: Manitoba Overboard! 2010
- Tuesday 11am-5pm
- Wednesday 11am-5pm
- Thursday 11am-5pm
- Friday 11am-9pm
- Saturday 11am-5pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
- Closed Monday
Open on the following days:
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- August Civic Holiday
- Labour Day
- Remembrance Day (open 1-5pm)
- Christmas Eve (close at 2pm)
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
- Louis Riel Day
- February 23 (open at 2pm)
Closed on the following holidays:
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Christmas Day