5 Things to do at the WAG over the Holidays
Winnipeg, Manitoba, December 20, 2016: Looking for something to do over the holidays? Whether on your own or with family and friends, look no further than the Winnipeg Art Gallery. Drop by the WAG to see amazing art, make crafts, view the best commercials of the year, or find that last minute gift!
1. Auguste Rodin’s The Thinker is at the WAG in all his oversized glory. The sculpture is one of approximately 30 bronze casts produced posthumously with the permission of the Rodin Museum in Paris, and the only such example held in a Canadian collection. Come see why The Thinker is one of the most recognizable sculptures in the world.
2. Whether you are into snowboarding or Inuit art, Group of Seven or photography, you’ll enjoy nine galleries filled with diverse artwork sure to spark conversation or that perfect holiday selfie! For current exhibitions, visit wag.ca/art
3. Make it a family afternoon out when you come for Family Fusion days, our DIY drop-in arts and crafts event, 1-3pm. $20 per family (2 adults and up to 4 children under 18), or $10 per family for WAG members.
- December 28: WAG Weave • Warm up with a family weaving workshop inspired by the Bisham Abbey tapestries.
- December 30: Holiday Hats • Ring in the New Year with a festive hat that will make all your friends feel merry!
4. Take in 2016 Cannes Lions World’s Best Commercials December 27, 28, 7pm. Winners are selected from over 35,000 entries representing 94 countries, providing a fascinating window to the world. Cash bar and snacks are available. Rated PG. Tickets are going fast and available at the WAG frontdesk.
5. Got some last minute shopping to do? You’ll be sure to find something for everyone on your list when you visit the Gallery Shop (Memorial Blvd) or WAG@TheForks (The Forks, Johnston Terminal). Featuring one-of-a-kind Manitoban and Canadian handmade items, the shelves are filled with inspiring gifts for all ages. Visit wag.ca/shop for holiday hours. For that hard to buy person your list, gift memberships to the WAG are available at the front desk, 204.789.1764, or email@example.com.
The Gallery is open Tuesday–Thursday, 11am-5pm; Friday, 11am-9pm; and Saturday–Sunday, 12pm-5pm. The Gallery closes at 2pm, December 24 and is closed December 25. Regular hours apply to December 26 and January 1 (11am-5pm).
For details, visit wag.ca for the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 30 -
For more information or to prearrange interviews, please contact:
Manager, Media & Marketing
Winnipeg Art Gallery
Public Relations Coordinator
Winnipeg Art Gallery
The Winnipeg Art Gallery is a cultural advocate – a lens and forum – helping people see and experience more through art. Playing a vital role in the community, engaging and enriching people of all ages and backgrounds through art and culture, the Winnipeg Art Gallery thrives as a creative, innovative, and accessible place for learning, discovery and inspiration.
- 2017 (36)
- 2016 (49)
- 2015 (57)
- 2014 (61)
- 2013 (59)
- 2012 (72)
- 2011 (70)
- 2010 (51)
- 2009 (24)