Youth Programs Education Coordinator Bilingual
Application deadline: 2012-12-31
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible to the Head Education for the design, implementation and delivery of exhibition and non-exhibition related programs; the preparation of educational material and the development and presentation of programs to facilitate the youth audience’s understanding of the visual arts.
- Develops implements and delivers educational programs, for youth consistent with current educational and museological practices
- Liaises with schools, youth community groups, art education organizations, university educational faculties, and provincial departments
- Develop interpretive and educational programs related to the exhibition program including the preparation of written educational material, the organization, and supervision and conducting of tours, programs and special events with a youth focus.
- Create, develop and present non-exhibition based programs that will enhance the public’s cultural awareness among youth.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers and instructors for exhibition tours and youth programs.
- Liaise and collaborate with exhibition curators to develop and prepare educational material that has relevance to the public.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of budgets for the youth education programs.
- University degree in Art History and/or Art Education
- Three years experience within an art gallery, museum or related setting.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in curriculum development and/or strategic planning an asset
- Fluency in both French and English required.