Audio-Visual Technician (Part-time)
Application deadline: 2013-05-29
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Lead Audio/Visual Technician, provides audio/ visual services as required by both internal and external clients of the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
- Set up and operate audio/visual equipment and theatrical lighting systems, as required.
- Assist users in determining equipment and lighting requirements.
- Set up and produce audio/visual programs for Gallery events, as requested.
- Advise Lead Audio/Visual Technician on equipment maintenance and repair needs.
- Design and setup lighting and sound plots as required by the client.
- QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma, with formal training in theatrical lighting and sound.
- Experience in the operation of theatre and performing arts, audio/visual support systems.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Microsoft Office(Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of current technology as it pertains to audio/visual equipment and electronics.
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.