Studio Programs Technician (Part-Time)
Application deadline: 2014-04-22
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Art Educator, Studio Programs, performs technical duties with regards to the studio classes, materials and equipment.
• Order, maintain, and distribute art supplies.
• Assist with various Studio Programs art exhibitions.
• Maintain and clean studio spaces and storage areas.
• Assist with administrative duties as directed by the Art Educator, Studio Programs.
• Advise instructors on procedures for care of the studio and various art materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
• General knowledge of art materials and procedures.
• Post secondary educational background in Fine Arts essential.
• An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Ability to organize storage of art supplies and finished work.
• Ability to lift heavy objects, minimum 22 kilograms.
• Ability to deal effectively and work cooperatively with staff, volunteers and the general public.