The Associates of the Winnipeg Art Gallery
Do you want to further your knowledge of art? Are you interested in supporting the WAG? Then you should join the Associates of the Winnipeg Art Gallery!
Since 1948 the Associates of the Winnipeg Art Gallery have been a stalwart supporter of the WAG, raising money through a wide range of fund-raising events. All funds raised are donated to the Gallery for exhibition support, art acquisitions, and art class scholarships.
Membership in the Associates offers many opportunities to support the visual arts in our community while enriching your own art knowledge
- art education with study groups where members prepare and present papers on selected art topics
- private visits to artist studios and homes of local collectors
- early notification of often sold-out travel tours to galleries and museums around the world
- an opportunity to assist with various WAG events throughout the year
- click here to learn more about the Associates
- click here to see the Associates newsletter about all their latest activities
With their 65th anniversary in 2013, the Associates are proud of their accomplishments. They have:
- contributed to the acquisition of more than 1,800 works of art
- awarded more than 900 WAG Studio scholarships to young artists
- donated countless books to the Clara Lander Library
- helped in setting up the Winnipeg Art Gallery Foundation and contributed over $880,000 to it
- supported Through the Eyes of a Child and other exhibitions
For the Love of Art
For the Love of Art chronicles The Associates history, activities, and the art acquisitions purchased through the years.
For the Love of Art is available at www.blurb.ca
Cost: softcover $50; $60-65 for hardcover
Additional costs include GST and Shipping (approx. $15.00).
If you have questions, or have trouble ordering, please email Diane Biehl.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org