NO SLEEP ONLY ART
Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 6pm to 6am
A FREE contemporary arts party from 6pm to 6am. Last year 4,500 people showed up so you know it’s the place to be!
- Public opening of Winnipeg Now at 7pm—our first major Centennial exhibition
- Panel discussion with Winnipeg Now artists Guy Maddin, Sarah Anne Johnson, Michael Dudeck, and Paul Butler at 8pm
- Patio on the building ramp with music by Reverend Rambler, Dirksboro, Les Jupes, and This Hisses
- Random Acts of Opera with the Little Opera Company
- Artist village on Colony Street--Purchase ceramics, jewelry, fibre art, glass, and paintings created by local artists.
- Exegesis, a performance by Michael Dudeck Witchdoctor, a hybrid religious ceremony merging post-punk synth-pop with drone-chants inspired by Buddhist and Gregorian chant, as well as vocoder-affected lyrics
- Luminosity—a midnight fashion show on the rooftop featuring the fall/winter collections of local designers
- Film screenings: Art & Stone, Paula Kelly's film about the iconic WAG building (12:30am-1am; Orson Welles and Goya (1-2am); Andy Warhol: A Documentary Film (2-6am)
- Collaborative mural painting led by Graffiti Arts Programming artists Pat Lazo and Nereo Eugenio
- Synthetica—the latest interactive installation by PO-MO. Controlled entirely by the gestures of the audience, a riot of sound and motion ensues. colour and form dazzle as the audience creates an ever-changing mural of epic proportions
- Winnipeg Fashion Incubator presents Luminosity the Fashion Show—when the clock strikes twelve, see fall/winter 2012 collections on the rooftop runway.
Check out more Nuit Blanche Winnipeg events at nuitblanchewinnipg.ca