Nuit Blanche Winnipeg 2014
Saturday, September 27 from 7pm to 4am
It's our annual all-night art party and it's all FREE!
8pm-4am - The opening of two exhibitions featuring the great Salvador Dalí
- Dalí Up Close: A multimedia show of works by Surrealist master Dalí, as well as the celebrated photographs taken in collaboration with Philippe Halsman.
- Masterworks from the Beaverbrook Art Gallery: An uncompromising selection of paintings by Old Masters and members of the Group of Seven, including Dalí's masterpiece Santiago El Grande.
7pm-2am - Exquisite Corps Art-making Activity
- Exquisite corpse, also known as exquisite cadaver (from the original French term cadavre exquis), is an art-making game invented by the Surrealists. It’s a method by which words or images are collectively assembled.
7pm-2:30am - Surrealist Films
- 7pm - Destino (7 min). Screening includes the documentary Dalí and Disney: A Date with Destiny. Total running time: 80 min
- 8:30pm - Alfred Hitchcock’s Spellbound. Total running time: 111 min
- 10:30pm Un Chien Andalou (17 min). Screening includes the following documentary films: A Slice of Bunuel, An exclusive interview with Buñuel’s son Juan-Luis, Dali-Buñuel Interview. Total running time: 55 min
- 11:30pm - Alfred Hitchcock’s Spellbound (repeat screening). Total running time: 111 min
- 1:30am Un Chien Andalou (17 min) (repeat screening). Screening includes the following documentary films: A Slice of Bunuel, An exclusive interview with Buñuel’s son Juan-Luis, Dali-Buñuel Interview. Total running time: 55 min
7pm-11pm - Bracelet-making with Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library
8pm-Midnight - Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers: Random Acts of Dance
- Performances at 8:00pm, 9:30pm, 11:00pm
8pm-2am - DJ Colin Shots
- Various performance times
8pm-3am - MEMETIC Roaring 2020s
- Dance to electronic-swing, balkan beats, world tribal dubs, and more, while immersing yourself in projected visuals
- DJs: Nathan Zahn, Chris Komus, Manalogue, Lotek, Kasm
- Visuals: Pixel Pusher, Toxic Prophecy
10:30 & 11:30pm - Firedancers
- Tuesday 11am-5pm
- Wednesday 11am-5pm
- Thursday 11am-5pm
- Friday 11am-9pm
- Saturday 11am-5pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
- Closed Monday
View holiday hours here