- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Interactive Family Tours
Sunday January 5, 2014 at 1pm Sunday February 9, 2014 at 1pm Sunday March 2, 2014 at 1pm Tuesday April 1, 2014 at 1pm Thursday April 3, 2014 at 1pm Sunday April 6, 2014 at 1pm Sunday May 4, 2014 at 1pm
- Spend some quality time with your family at the WAG as you explore the exciting world of art, together. Fun, interactive, and educational.
- Spring Break Art Camp: Camp Kaleidoscope
Monday, March 31, 2014 to Friday, April 4, 2014
- Kids, explore an exciting array of optical illusions and distorted images in the Gallery! Have fun with brain games, magic, mirror images, patterns, abstractions and so much more. Work with a WAG artist in the Studio to build and create a kaleidoscopic collection of amazing works of art!
April 4 - April 9
- Visite guidée familiale bilingue (français et anglais)
Monday February 17, 2014 at 1pm Saturday April 5, 2014 at 1pm Saturday May 3, 2014 at 1pm
- Passez un peu de temps de qualité avec votre famille au Musée et explorer le monde de l’art ensemble avec un guide bilingue. Amusant, interactif et éducatif.
- Off the Beaten Path: Drop in Tours
Sunday February 23, 2014 Sunday March 9, 2014 Sunday March 16, 2014 Sunday March 23, 2014 Sunday March 30, 2014 Sunday April 6, 2014 Sunday April 13, 2014
- Explore the exhibition, Off the Beaten Path: Violence, Women, and Art with one of our Gallery tour guides during a drop-in tour.
- A Long Table Conversation: Art, Violence, and Change
Friday, April 4, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm
- The Institute for Women's and Gender Studies and the WAG invite artists, activists, and members of the public to engage in a discussion about art, gender violence, and change.
- Testimonial Two - Day Writing Workshop
Saturday, April 5, 2014 from 11am to 5pm Sunday, April 6, 2014 from 11am to 5pm
- Every woman's story has power and purpose, which is why The Voices and Faces Project launched "The Stories We Tell," the first testimonial writing workshop in the US for survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence and trafficking. This workshop is coming to Winnipeg in connection with Off the Beaten Path: Women, Art & Violence.
- Exploring the Math and Art Connection: Teaching and Learning between the Lines by Dr. Irene Naested
Sunday April 6, 2014 at 2pm
- Join Dr. Naested to learn about her latest co-authored publication, designed to encourage teachers to integrate visual art with other disciplines including mathematics. Select artworks from the Math + Art exhibition will be used to demonstrate the fascinating links that can be drawn between teaching the disciplines of math and art.
- Talk: Exploring Sacred Geometry with Tim Rogalsky
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 from 12pm to 1pm
- With Tim Rogalsky, associate professor of mathematics at Canadian Mennonite University, explore the works of artists such as Leonardo da Vinci and Salvador Dali, who have deliberately tapped into this spiritual tradition.
- Silent Witness Project Memorial
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 from 11:30am to 1pm
- The 8th Annual Silent Witness Project Memorial is an exhibition of life-sized silhouettes, each representing a Manitoba woman who was murdered by her intimate partner. The memorial address the issue of domestic violence and offers remembrance to the slain women.
- Gallery Shop Presents: WAVE at the WAG
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 to Sunday, May 4, 2014
- Come and see the works of 27 Manitoba artists from the Interlake's Wave Studio Tour all under one roof.
- Through the Eyes of a Child
Saturday, March 29, 2014 to Sunday, May 11, 2014
- Through the Eyes of a Child is an eagerly anticipated, annual event that highlights the creations of the broad and varied community of young people that attend art classes at the Winnipeg Art Gallery each fall and winter. The 800, or so, artists whose work appears in this exhibition range from 5 to 17 years of age. They come from across the city, and beyond the perimeter highway.
- JUNO Tour of Canadian Art
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 to Monday, May 19, 2014
- To celebrate the JUNO Awards taking place in Winnipeg in March 24-30, 2014, The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) and the Winnipeg Art Gallery are partnering for The JUNO Tour of Canadian Art.
- Off the Beaten Path: Violence, Women and Art
Saturday, February 1, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014
- This exhibition draws much needed attention to the violence experienced by women world-wide.
- Organized by the National Gallery of Canada: Ragnar Kjartansson: The End–Rocky Mountains
Saturday, January 18, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014
- From the Land: Materials & Message in Inuit Art
Saturday, December 14, 2013 to Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- In the early 1950s, works by Inuit artists began to be sold in southern markets. Since that era, widely recognized as the beginning of contemporary Inuit art, artists from three successive generations have been creating unique artworks. They have been experimenting with a variety of artistic media and techniques resulting in distinctive personal styles. This exhibition features a selection of sculptures and wall hangings from the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s comprehensive collection of Inuit art.
- Math + Art
Saturday, December 7, 2013 to Sunday, May 4, 2014
- What do math and art have in common? More than you would think.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
- Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Friday, March 15, 2019
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.
- Modernist Traditions: 1900-1950
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- The invention of photography had a lasting impact on how artists in the latter-half of the 19th century came to view the world as shown by these works from the WAG's collection.
- The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Sunday, March 25, 2018
- From Rome to Utrecht, European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. In reaction to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church strove to entice believers back to the fold with gripping and beautiful vignettes of biblical drama
- European Renaissance and Baroque Art: 1500-1700
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Sunday, March 25, 2018
- From the WAG's collection, art produced between the 16th and 18th centuries, originating from the leading artistic centres of Europe.This period is marked by important social and political changes, and art itself underwent a major transformation