Whether you’re in one of our galleries surrounded by centuries of art; Eckhardt Hall with its grand, gleaming Tyndall stone walls; or on the breathtaking Rooftop Sculpture Garden overlooking Winnipeg’s skyline, you’ll fall in love with the WAG’s many, unique spaces.
The WAG Gallery is a fully-equipped event facility with onsite catering. To learn more about food and beverage options, contact Inn at the Forks at 204.942.5520, or email Sheila Kristinnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spaces to inspire memorable events
The WAG’s signature event space is known for its soaring ceilings and backdrop of Manitoba Tyndall stone. Eckhardt Hall can be used for a wide range of events, from elegant sit-down dinners to cocktail receptions, trade shows, performances, and more.
Capacity: 300 standing; 180 for sit-down dinner
- 21-foot ceilings
- 3,000 square feet
- Natural reception space following event in the adjacent Muriel Richardson Auditorium
- 9-foot Baldwin grand piano available
The Muriel Richardson Auditorium (MRA) features outstanding acoustics and classic Eames chairs. This sleek, functional space is perfect for concerts, presentations, screenings, and performances.
Capacity: 319 theatre seating; 5 accessible spots
- Fully equipped for audio/visual and multimedia presentations: PA system with flown speakers and digital mixing board, sprung hardwood stage floor, full theatrical lighting, and a sophisticated projection system with a 400-square foot screen
- Adjoining lobby holds 125 for stand-up receptions
- Bosendorfer grand piano with extended keys
- Large backstage area with dressing rooms and green room
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Seating Chart (PDF)
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Stage Dimensions (side view) (PDF)
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Stage Dimensions (top view) (PDF)
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Technical Specs (PDF)
Rooftop Sculpture Garden
Guests feel on top of the world when relaxing in our private rooftop garden. The city skyline creates a dramatic backdrop for weddings, private parties, screenings, and outdoor activities.
Capacity: 200 seated theatre style; 250 stand-up reception
- Available year-round
- Rental includes the Penthouse Lobby
- In summer, enjoy sculptures from the WAG collection and a reflecting pool
With floor-to-ceiling windows, this open area encourages mingling while admiring the expansive Rooftop Sculpture Garden. This space is just the thing for stand-up receptions, bar service, or staging/reception.
Capacity: 90 for stand-up reception
- Included when renting the Rooftop Sculpture Garden
- In summer, overlooks sculptures from the WAG collection
Our ever-changing Skylight Gallery showcases some of the WAG’s most impressive works of art as well as the stunning glass skylight. This space is ideally suited for intimate dining experiences or cocktail receptions.
Capacity: 180 stand-up reception; 48 sit-down dinner
- Abundant natural light
- Located at the top of the master staircase on the Galleries Level (3rd Floor)
- Features artworks from the WAG collection
The Boardroom is retro cool with classic Eames furniture and a one-of-a-kind light fixture designed by the building’s architect, Gustavo da Roza. This space is particularly well suited for corporate meetings, presentations, and teleconferences.
Capacity: 20 at boardroom table; 40 in lecture format; 80 for stand-up reception
- Located on the Mezzanine Level adjacent to gallery space
- Seven-metre boardroom table, Eames chairs, and photographs from the WAG collection
- Projection screen
- 2,618 sq.ft.
This versatile and functional space is perfect for informal lectures, presentations, workshops, and meetings.
Capacity: 60 (classroom or presentation-style)
- Conveniently located on the main floor between the Muriel Richardson Auditorium and Eckhardt Hall
- Projection screen
We will have even more rental spaces available following the grand opening of the WAG Inuit Art Centre in 2020. Details will be available soon, but in the meantime, check out the concept for the stunning adjoining building.