To advance the mission of the WAG, this dynamic group:
- Raises funds for the Gallery;
- Provides volunteer support to the WAG; and
- Enhances the WAG image and standing in the community.
Established in 1948, the Associates continue to be instrumental to the WAG, providing support for children’s art programs, major exhibitions, the purchase of art, and most recently, the WAG Inuit Art Centre.
As an Associate of the WAG, you’ll receive all the core benefits of a WAG membership as well as a wealth of unique, art-filled opportunities:
- Get Involved: Support the WAG and the Associates by volunteering for specific events, or join a sub-committee of the Associates to help organize fundraising activities and special events like the Home Tour, Art in Bloom, and much more.
- Insider Experiences: Become part of the WAG family and get a behind-the-scenes look with staff and artists.
- Education: Enjoy exclusive opportunities to learn about art, including Art Appreciation Afternoons for lectures and tours of exhibitions and artist studios.
- Travel Tours: Receive early notification of our often sold-out international Travel Tours, organized and led by the Associates.
- Social: From our annual ‘Welcome Back’ party to art events throughout the year, there are plenty of ways to connect with friends old and new.
Become a Member
As a WAG member, you’re eligible to join the Associates for an additional annual fee:
- Associate $40
- Student Associate $10
Andrea Cibinel and Esme Scarlett
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.786.6641 ext. 286
Home Tour 2020
Sunday, Sep 13 '20This event has been postponed until further notice
Travel Tour: India
PostponedJoin the Associates of the WAG on an exciting trip to India! Secure your spot now for a trip of a lifetime to North India and the Pushkar Camel Fair. Open to non-members and members of the Associates of the WAG!
Art in Bloom
Timeless art, fresh flowers
April 2021Every second year, the galleries blossom with a feast for the senses. Experience Art in Bloom’s lush exhibit of floral designs and the art that inspires them, presented by the Associates of the WAG.
The WAG supports the right of all citizens to engage in peaceful protests and calls for an end to police brutality. We recognize that galleries have historically been part of the colonial structure of perpetuating racism and oppression, and we are committed to dismantling these systems. We see you and we are listening. Art institutions have the power to be part of the solution. We pledge to do that work.