Following the good news from the Government of Manitoba to gradually restore services across the province, the Winnipeg Art Gallery is pleased to announce it will begin reopening to the public the week of May 5, 2020. New protocols will be in place to protect both visitors and staff, following the government guidelines.
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
The WAG will maintain the required occupancy level allowing staff and visitors to keep a physical distance of at least two metres, except for brief exchanges. The following steps will be enforced under public health orders:
• Strict social distancing protocols limiting building capacity including floor markers and signage to prevent congestion
• Touchless payment (i.e. credit and debit cards) is preferred over cash
• Please leave backpacks and large purses at home
• All tours and activities to accommodate physical distancing
• One person (or one household unit) per elevator
Health Precautions & Onsite Cleaning
• In order to help ensure the comfort and safety of all visitors and staff, as of August 11, the WAG has a mandatory face covering policy in place. We ask that all guests wear a mask, scarf, or bandana that covers the nose and mouth while in public spaces at the Gallery. If needed, we do have masks available to purchase for $1.
• Hand-sanitation and stringent cleaning practices throughout the galleries
• Staff and patrons must self-screen before visiting the Gallery
• Washrooms have frequent sanitization and are restricted to 2 individuals at a time
• Water fountains are temporarily closed, water bottles are permitted in the Gallery. Please be careful around the art
• Both staff and patrons are welcome to wear self-provided masks
We ask all visitors to be mindful of social distancing practices and to prepare to wait in a line as we manage building capacity.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope to see you back at the WAG soon!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com